Why do we raise funds? When you have a rare condition, you know all too well that:
- Lack of awareness can lead to incorrect diagnosis, delayed diagnosis, outdated or incorrect treatments, misconceptions about quality of life, and barriers to educational and other social services.
- Having a rare condition is isolating. Many individuals with SA/CRS have never met another person like themselves.
- Resources and equipment specifically designed for the unique needs of individuals with SA/CRS are hard to come by.
iSACRA raises funds to address the areas of:
AWARENESS: We raise awareness by maintaining an informational website and through development, publication, and dissemination of informational materials both in print and online. This year we produced a children’s ebook about growing up with SA/CRS.
CONNECTION: We provide opportunities for individuals with SA/CRS and their families to come together through support of local meet-ups, mini-conferences, and webinars.
RESOURCES: We provide assistance through reimbursement of mailing costs for sharing of specialized equipment among those with SA/CRS.
A dedicated all-volunteer group works steadily behind the scenes to support these efforts.
YOU can help us raise funds, too!
We welcome your assistance. Please contact iSACRA BEFORE planning a fundraising activity. There are specific rules for how and where nonprofit organizations can raise funds. Here are some ideas for fundraising.
- Spread the word! Encourage friends and family to submit a donation on the donate button of our website.
- Ask your employer about matching donation funds or grants for nonprofit organizations.
- Purchase iSACRA merchandise from Cafe Press.
- Select iSACRA as your charity of choice when shopping on Amazon (AmazonSmiles).
- Ask your child’s school to host a “fun run” or carnival event with a percentage of profits going to iSACRA (contact us for instructions and agreement forms).
- Set up a coin jar like the one above in a store you frequent regularly or at your workplace and turn in the donations to iSACRA (contact us first for instructions).